In addition to my review of the year, it’s time for my short round-up of hopes and aims for the year ahead. 2023 feels like it’s going to be a year full of potential – possibly because it’s the first year in a few where we’ve got a feeling of certainty about the plans we’ve made, and as such actually have a few things lined up. But it’s also a year where we feel on the cusp of a few different life plans, and we might see ourselves move a step further forward with some of them.
So what do we already have lined up for this year? Going to see the spectacular Cirque du Soleil for the first time. A holiday to India to see our friends get married (and hopefully see some tigers on safari). More ice skating lessons. And a lot of time that’s currently not planned out, leaving plenty of space for opportunity.
Here are a few hopes and dreams for the year ahead, and for those of you who’ve been following for a while some of these will look familiar. Some because I haven’t done a very good job of it so far, and others because they are things I want to be continually improving.
- To live more sustainably, using less plastic and creating less waste.
- To start making exercise a more regular part of my routine again.
- To use my slow cooker regularly and keep trying to cook new things.
- To start writing regularly – either getting back into a routine with this blog, starting to write more creatively or journalling (or perhaps all three).
- To learn how to ice skate backwards.
- To keep connecting with friends and loved ones.
- To make the most of my evenings, and stop work on time in order to do so.
- To think about life next steps – what do I want to achieve before I’m 30? What do I want to do next?
- To do some of the things we keep saying we’ll do – like going camping or climbing Scafell Pike.
- To end the year feeling proud of what I’ve achieved!
I hope you all have a healthy and happy 2023. What are you hoping for this year?