In addition to what I’ve learned from the previous year, it’s time for my short round-up of hopes and aims for the year ahead. 2020 is already shaping up to be a busy and life-changing year. They say you’re meant to live your life to the full in your twenties, and if this year is anything like the last year has been then I can continue to be confident in saying I am.
As I mentioned, there are already a few things that I know will be happening this year. James and I will be getting married and going on a very exciting honeymoon. We’re going to attempt to run Bristol 10k again, hopefully with a faster time this year, and we’re going to start tap dancing classes. Amongst this we’ll also be spending lots of time with friends and celebrating their weddings as well!
Once again I’m carrying over some of my list from the previous year… But we’ll see how I go.
- To eat less meat and use as little plastic as possible.
- To spend more time doing creative things like writing or crafting.
- To improve my French, particularly my spoken French.
- To try and make sure we have one weekend a month with no plans.
- To continue to read more and discuss what I’ve read with other people.
- To think about career next steps.
- To think about life next steps – what do I want to achieve before I’m 30?
- To stop buying gifts from Amazon and start buying more locally.
- To stop apologising for things I don’t need to or which are out of my control.
- To end the year feeling proud of what I’ve achieved!
I hope everyone has a great 2020! Happy New Year!