In addition to what I’ve learned from the previous year, it’s time for my short round-up of hopes and aims for the year ahead. 2019 is already shaping up to be a busy year. They say you’re meant to live your life to the full in your twenties, and as I soon see in 25, I think I can say pretty confidently that that’s what I’m doing.
Hopes and aims is stretching it a little bit as there are already a few things that are set in stone. I’ll be headed out to the USA in May, a part of the world that I have never been to before but I’m looking forward to visiting. In May I’ll also be running a 10K for the first time. I’m still very daunted by this as I only started running last year and I know I’m not training nearly as hard as I should be, but it will be a huge achievement to complete it! Later in the summer we’ll also be attending three weddings, celebrating the happiness of some of our wonderful friends.
Some of these are carried over from last year (cheating slightly!) but let’s see if I can make a better go of it this year.
- Start getting serious about wedding planning
- To continue to read more, and prioritize time to read
- To think more seriously about where my career might go, and what I can do to steer it in the directions I want.
- Improve my French
- Finish my New Zealand scrapbook
- To take one weekend off each month
- Start learning calligraphy
- Write more – either on this blog, or explore more creative avenues
- Find a dog I can cuddle regularly
- To end the year feeling proud of what I’ve achieved.
I hope everyone has a great 2019! Happy New Year!